What wonderful graphics! Unfortunately, while I bet they look great poster sized they are difficult for me to read on the screen. If you select the link immediately below to “the Lexicon” you can find the text that appears on them and so much more. I find the format of the site a bit difficult but the content is thrilling.
Here is a project we just discovered: the Lexicon of Sustainability. We thought it was worth sharing and we hope you will enjoy it!
The Lexicon project is based on a simple premise: people can’t be expected to live more sustainable lives if they don’t even know the most basic terms and principles that define sustainability.
For the past three years Douglas Gayeton and Laura Howard-Gayeton have crisscrossed the USA to learn this new language of sustainability from its foremost practitioners in food and farming. Alice Waters on edible schoolyards. Wes Jackson on reinventing wheat farming. Joel Salatin on embracing the value of saner farming practices. Vandana Shiva on the global imperative of protecting seeds. Paul Stamets on how mushrooms can save the world. Will Allen on Food Security. Temple Grandin on the humane slaughter of animals. Farmer John on the revolutionary idea of community-supported agriculture.
- meadowslark reblogged this from mollyfamous and added:
- masta-spliffa likes this
- callme-crash likes this
- ellisondubois likes this
- rapseyrecommends reblogged this from mollyfamous
- funwithplantingplans likes this
- mollyfamous reblogged this from downtoearth-danone
- orgnicmattr reblogged this from downtoearth-danone and added:
- righteouslyhealthy reblogged this from groundbeneathmyhands
- righteouslyhealthy likes this
- groundbeneathmyhands reblogged this from downtoearth-danone
- couchpepper reblogged this from downtoearth-danone and added:
- matterunlimited reblogged this from downtoearth-danone
- mossunderfoot reblogged this from downtoearth-danone
- allierouu likes this
- downtoearth-danone posted this